Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Advice to any potential blogger

I consider myself fairly computer literate, but this experience of setting up my own blog has really tested my patience. Not so much because of the technicality of it( it was rather easy) but more because of my failure to read the instruction before jumping in and attempting to do it.
Here are my tips for any newcomers, from a novice -
- read the prompts provided by your blog host
- listen to any advice offered from people with experience
- make sure you have your computer settings set correctly
- make it simple to start, you can always adjust your page as you get more comfortable navigating the whole process
And lastly,
- don't take your frustrations out on the nearest person sitting next to you(sorry kids)

All jokes aside if you follow the guide and read the prompts it is rather an easy experience.

Jason

3 comments:

Peter Fletcher said...

Yeah Jase, take it easy on the kids. Looking forward to seeing your posts.

Ashna said...

Jase, you have just added to my confidence,will definitely keep your comments in mind as I set up my first "Blog"

Anonymous said...

Wow, good advice! Much more practical and realistic than my points. If only I could see what was right in front of me like you can then I could probably make life much easier for myself.