Sunday, February 15, 2009

Boolean searching task

I attempted to search for Alaskan Amber but also added in the word beer, so the search attempt was for ALASKAN AMBER AND BEER. The number of hits had decrease dramatically to 55,200 hits in 0.40 seconds.
The first two hits were for The Alaskan Beer Company who make the beer in question.

I used webcopier to download the site to my PC

the site www.alaskanbeer.com, by sundog media, copyright 2003.

Amber - Alaskan Brewing Company's flagship beer is based on a turn-of-the-century recipe that quenched the thirst of miners during the Klondike Gold Rush. Smooth, richly malty, this altbier goes well with any meal or share it with friends!

The second web site was a blog title Thats This World Over a blog written in reference to Alaskan Amber.
http://thatsthisworldover.wordpress.com/2006/12/03/alaskan-amber-ale/
My all time favorite beer is Alaskan Amber Ale, which I quaff as much as possible when I am in Seattle. I have tried to purchase it on-line and in the stores here, but either it wasn’t available or the shipping costs were too outrageous.

Thanks to this blog I have found a source to have some shipped to Australia.

No comments: