Sunday, February 15, 2009

Downloading tools / plug-ins Task

Adobe reader, and flash/shockwave player are programs which I tend to use on a frequent basis for work. Training programs for my employees rely on these programs to deliver the on the job training platform we utilise in the automotive industry. I have used all three media player programs at one point of another over the last few years, but always tend to find myself back with Windows media player for some reason. I guess for me its just sticking with the norm.
I have downloaded the bookmark buddy for windows and found it fairly quick to download. I was however a little confused in its usefullness as a tool to improve my computor use, I may hhave to play around with this a bit more to appreciate it.
I clicked on glooton to attempt to download the program. I found myself being redirected to a French website, and knowing my French was very limited I decided to give any attempt to download from there a miss.
Copernis was a litttle easier and was in english (yay), although it did take approx 5 minutes to download. Using as a search engine appears much the same as Google which is my usual search engine.
Pagesucker was an extremely quick program to download taking less that 2 minutes to set up.
As a demo version I was limited to the amount of threads activated to download, which was frustrating as I would have like to have played around and downloaded a major webpage. Personally, I really cant see the benefits of a program like this

No comments: